The National Honor Society of Scabbard and Blade is an active member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS). This accreditation allows students to add membership to their transcript and resume along with recognizing them for not only being an outstanding scholar, but also a superior officer candidate. The best of both worlds.
Please read the slides below before applying for a Company Charter
We plan to provide:
- Membership in the only accredited military honor society
- Achievement can be added to transcript and resume
- Authorized to wear S&B graduation Honor Stole and Honor Cord
- National recognition
- All senior membership benefits
Continue to “Activities & Events”
All official activities are done under the Senior Company Program.
The Honor Society Charter is run by separate bylaws, however it runs in conjunction with the Senior Program. All activities and events are open to both types of members, except for official Honor Society business, i.e. voting activities.
Continue to “School Qualifications”
School must have:
- an active ROTC unit located at the requesting school
- at least one commissioned cadre member must serve as the Company Advisor
- approval of all ROTC unit commanders involved
- Four or more ROTC students must qualify, be nominated, and initiated into the Honor Society
Continue to “Memberships”
Honor Society Member:
- Current ROTC student
- Have or about to enter their Junior or Senior year
- Ranked in the top 20% of the commander’s order of merit listing (OML)
Continue to “Time Requirements”
At a minimum:
- Dual Senior and Honor Society members must meet at least 3 times a year; at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year (this can be accomplished at a regular Senior Company meeting)
- Manage and file annual paperwork with the national headquarters
Also, the Honor Society members must fill the positions below:
- Company Captain (Commander): Honor Society Member*
- Company 1st Lieutenant (Finance Officer/Executive Officer): Honor Society Member*
*A Senior Company officer can hold both Senior and Honor Society titles but cannot hold both honor society positions (CC and 1st Lt).
Continue to “Costs”
Initial Charter Fee
- $30; includes national charter certificate and processing fee
- $20 fixed
You must be logged into your Senior Company account to proceed to the Charter Request Form. This form will require you to pay the fee before the application is complete. Note: The form is not able to save your progress. If you leave the form before the payment is complete, you may have to fill in the form again.